Moms have lots of stuff to carry around when she’s out with child.
Regardless you are with the jogging stroller or just out with your child, it’s always a dilemma how fit all you need for a day into one bag – bearing in mind you carry it around for several hours.
What I have to into my bag to spend a day out with my toddler?
- Food – in a 600 ml Food Thermo Cup, for our dinner
- Bottle of water – 1 litre (during the winter I use a thermo cup)
- Kids’ spare clothing – It’s a mom’s destiny: the day I won’t take it – I’ll definitely going to need it 🙂
- Snacks and a spoon – kids love to snack. Well, moms, too. I have pastry/bread, yogurt, nuts and an apple
- Wet napkins – for these little dirty hands
- Children’s book and crayons – to educate or keep him occupied in a café
- A hat and sweater for me – to keep me warm while I’m sitting the child’s playground
- Toys – little car or sand toys, depending on a season
- Shopping bag with straps – to hang it rather that carry in hands
- Anti-bacterial gel for hands – especially for the summer – for safe eating outdoor
Beside that: I have my personal stuff.
Now tell me how to fit that all into a usual woman’s bag? There’s no way. That’s why I usually I go with the backpack – quality, medium sized,ergonomic and with basic waterproofness. I walk every day, even when it’s raining, (yep, forgot a PVC raincoat I might have in my bag).
When I’m going to look stylish, need something better than a backpack. For a meeting or going on event straight after I pass a child on to my husband.
Let me be brutally honest: it’s quite difficult to have a sophisticated look carrying a mom’s backpack.
Recently I had a good opportunity to try out a new brand of stylish camera bags called POMPIDOO.
Beside that the bag look like straight from a catwalk, I was surprised how much stuff fits in it! Great inside dividers kept my stuff perfectly organised (which is never possible in a backpack). I could fit all my 4 kilos of stuff and still have a wow bag on my shoulder.
Another bag’s convenience: the strap allows hanging it on a jogging stroller’s handle. Absolutely great for the moms with strollers. I also shared my experiences of using this stylish camera bag as guest blogger on www.pompidoo.com.
And yes, I could finally even take a proper camera with me!