Functional, Portable and Proven Items for Moms Outdoor
Stepping out of my home I won’t come back before evening. Neither for food or for changing dress. I love to spend whole day out with my child and have everything I need with.
Coming back and forth home is taking plenty of time and exhausting moms more than the walk itself. Food, water and spare clothing taken with can save your day and make it much enjoyable. Summer days are meant to be relaxed and unhurried.
11 things are always with me in the summer:
- Water in a MSR Water Bag
( 2 l is enough even if you’re breastfeeding)
- Food and snacks
- Wet tissues
- Spare clothing and diapers for child
- Raincoat and warm jacket for me
- Sun protection cream
- Sand toys for child
- Swimming suit for me Ultralight
- Ultralight MSR packtowel
- Pareo (a large piece of thin cotton cloth that you can use to lay down on it on the beach, wraparound after swimming,cover the child while sleeping in the stroller)
- Rain cover for the stroller
How to squeeze all this stuff into the stroller?
I don’t carry any backpacks on my back while walking with the stroller. It’s way to heavy. All the things must get to the baby stroller. Smart packing is the key thing here:
- a heavy stuff is packed in a stroller’s trunk (food, spare clothing, raincoat, strollers rain cover);
- a frequently-needed items (kids tissues, sunscreen cream, snacks, kid’s water) goes into hanging bag;
- Big bottle of water and shoes goes into the stroller basket
- Toys are hanging in separate bag on the stroller’s handle (take only light toys with you)
Functionality for moms:
Mom’s things can serve several purposes: pareo is for laying down, for wrapping around myself when I go to the beach cafe, for covering child while he sleeps, wind or sun protection.
Spare clothing is a good pillow for child while he sleeps. Emptied food container is good for the wet swimming suite.
Try to use lightweight, take-away or specialist items for outdoor: MSR towel weight almost nothing and takes no place in the bag. Ultra-thin raincoat that used in sports are great for walking moms. Waterbag instead of plastic bottle like MSR DromLite Bag MSR DromLite Waterbag saves lots of space and keeps water chilled.
Need to rely on the things that I take with: