This stroller has almost no rolling resistance – it goes so easily. Schwinn Arrow is the lightest (20,5lbs) jogger on the market. This one is among the few that has an adjustable handle – a deciding factor for serious runners and taller parents! Schwinn Instep Arrow mirrors much higher-priced strollers but with less expensive materials. It’s great if you want a functional running stroller for a lower price!
Walkingmama says: this is right for joggers who need high performance with a functional stroller, but who don’t want to break the bank. Schwinn Arrow – a great basic jogger that has everything for a good run and maximum baby comfort. It’s actually a very nice stroller for the price.
Table of Contents
- 1 Fast and Affordable Jogger for Serious Runners on a Budget
- 2 SUMMARY: Schwinn/Instep Arrow Stroller
- 3 Is Schwinn/Instep Arrow stroller good for sports?
- 4 Is this stroller good for real life?
- 5 Are there any weaknesses?
- 6 Lowest Prices:
SUMMARY: Schwinn/Instep Arrow Stroller
After analyzing consumer reports, I have concluded that Schwinn Arrow is a great jogger for a very good price. Parents whose are not spoiled by high priced strollers are just as happy and love Schwinn/Instep Arrow. I rate it as a highly recommended jogging stroller that is especially recommended for first-time running stroller parents.
Personally, I had an XLander XRun stroller that is essentially a copy of Schwinn Arrow: I used it loads over 4 years, and have done over 5000 miles with it – I just can’t get enough of it!
What I like about Schwinn Arrow is that it doesn’t compromise on the adjustable handle, which is a must for serious runners. As for me, this makes Schwinn/Instep Arrow preferable to even BOB Ironman, because it allows me to regulate the handle height for serious running. I can also do my Invisible Stroller Fitness Exercises only with an adjustable handle.
My review is based on two benchmarks: sports performance (running, walking, off-road, rollerblading) and daily life usage (ease of use, child’s comfort, storage space etc)
Is Schwinn/Instep Arrow stroller good for sports?
I measure a jogger on several sports criteria: performance, alignment, durability and safety.
- High Performance Jogger – Schwinn Arrow works well at high speeds. It rides easily as the aluminum construction makes it lightweight – benchmark no. 1 for any decent jogging stroller. Smooth ride – Schwinn Arrow is equipped with 16-inch pneumatic tires with aluminum wheels and shock absorbers for a light ride. It is very easy to push and steer.
- Alignment – it takes almost no adjustment to get it to go in a straight line. However, some reports say that alignment is a weak point for Schwinn, as it needs to be adjusted from time to time. However, with a tracking adjustment lever on the front wheel excentre – it’s quite easy to regulate the roll if the stroller goes left or right. The construction is sturdy and lightweight, and is also rust free, which is important for humid conditions.
- Durable stroller – According to the reviews, it lasts a long time and doesn’t need to be replaced. The rubber handle is comfortable and slip resistant, and won’t deteriorate with sweat or moisture. BOB uses another material that deteriorates over time.
- It’s a safe stroller – it’s very well-balanced, as its gravity center is further forward, which prevents it from tipping backwards easily. Schwinn has a hand brake, parking brakes and a safety wrist strap – so you don’t lose control of the stroller while skating. One disadvantage – there is no reflective tape on the canopy so this needs to be put on separately.
Is the Instep/Schwinn Arrow suitable for Walkingmama Stroller Fitness?
Yes. It’s the only stroller that allows you to adjust the handle to fit your height, or in the case of Invisible Stroller Fitness exercises, direct the workload to different groups of muscles.
The adjustable handle is the moment of truth for serious runners: people are of different heights, so a handle that allows you to run comfortably could be the deciding factor in choosing your stroller.
Is this stroller good for real life?
Does it pass the real life test? The benchmarks here are ease of use, child’s comfort and extra storage.
Schwinn/Instep Arrow Single stroller is a thoroughly thought out, functional stroller, it was designed for your baby’s comfort, with safety in mind. And they also didn’t forget about a parent’s need for ease and functionality.
- Easy folding – Dual Trigger Easy Folding can be performed with two hands. It’s easy to fold it and it has a folding lock to keep it fixed when folded. Schwinn Arrow fits into just about any trunk, although you would need to remove the rear wheels for sedans. It only takes a few seconds and just one click to put them back.
- Adjustable seat – reclines easily into a semi-horizontal position. A reclining seat is a top condition when considering purchasing a stroller. Parents should be able to jog any time, in any place without needing to co-ordinate sports time with the baby’s sleeping schedule.
- Harnesses – 5-points, wide, well-padded. No reflective tape.
Child’s comfort – includes shock absorbers, sun canopy, quality of fabric and any other extras that make the ride comfortable for the baby.
- Shock absorbers – Schwinn Arrow has a rear suspension system – for bumpy roads, off-road, cobblestone streets, etc – however, this jogger has a bit of a rough ride, unlike the more expensive models. I should mention that my old XLander had no shock absorbers at all – I just needed to pad my child well before rollerblading or going off-road, which didn’t prevent my son from falling asleep every time I ran or walked.
- The canopy is not the biggest. For complete sun coverage you’d have to buy (or make) an extra sunshade cover. But the cabin is well-ventilated and allows you to see your child through the top.
- Seat width – A 14.5 inch seat is roomy enough to accommodate even pre-schoolers.
- Medium-grade fabric – the quality of fabric in the canopy isn’t the best. It’s a bit thin and noisy.
- Extra accessories are MP3 speakers that are included with the stroller but don’t provide a good sound experience (according to consumer reviews the volume is very low)
Storage space – a large underneath storage basket to store everything needed for a whole day outdoors, and shopping on your way back home. Just one thing to point out here – the basket is placed too close to the stroller’s bar which makes it difficult to place bulky items in it.
Parent extras: a sun shield and cup holder come with the stroller.
not car seat compatible
Are there any weaknesses?
This stroller has some minor issues, although, none of them are deal-breakers. Since Schwinn Arrow mirrors strollers of a much higher price with less expensive materials, it has only basic suspension and medium-grade fabric. The alignment could be better and the shopping basket could also be improved.
Alignment problems – the front wheel on the Schwinn is adjustable, but has a strong tendency to veer to one side or the other. This comment appears in several reviews, which in fact, can’t be ignored, as even the company gives recommendations on how to fix the front tire. I’ve had the same problem with another stroller – you just need to adjust the front wheel excentre.
The under seat basket – it’s large but the space between the sides of the basket and the frame is only 3 inches – too narrow to put in and take out items. Besides this, the basket is placed too close to the ground – it gets wet very easily when it rains. Also the bottom storage space drags on the ground when you put too much in it.
Medium-grade material – thin, stiff and a bit noisy.
The speakers are too quiet – you pretty much can’t hear them at all, which means that even if you turn the speakers all the way up, they are just blasting your kids’ ears.
This stroller isn’t as supportive as a car seat – it needs extra padding for the child.
In my opinion, it’s a great stroller for the money. It has everything you need for an uncompromising run, your baby’s comfort and for everyday life.
Price History for Schwinn Arrow Fixed Wheel Jogger Stroller - Nightshade
|Current Price||$219.99||August 17, 2018|
|Highest Price||$219.99||July 20, 2018|
|Lowest Price||$219.99||July 20, 2018|
Last price changes
|$219.99||July 20, 2018|
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available in target, hayneedle, Amazon.com.
- At target.com you can purchase Schwinn Arrow Fixed Wheel Jogger Stroller - Nightshade for only $219.99
- The lowest price of Schwinn Arrow Fixed Wheel Jogger Stroller - Nightshade was obtained on August 17, 2018 17:55.