If you have to do it slowly pushing the baby stroller
Lots of moms and dads do rollerblading with the baby stroller. It’s fun and it brings some changes into a daily routine.
If an athlete in you dares for more, you can make a full body workout during skating. Special exercises transform rollerblading into a body sculpting workout. I call it a Strollerblading. And this is exactly what we moms need!
I added some videos for the exercises to show how exactly to do them.
If an athlete in you dares for more, you can make a full body workout during skating.
The secret here is not just skating fast (actually, it’s not safe) but moving slowly making high amplitude movements with your legs just behind and along the stroller.
How do I skate slowly yet still have a fat-burning fitness workout?
The answer is smart skating. Use the special Strollerblading techniques!
- Inline skating with amplitude – basic skating steps just raising the legs a bit higher and holding up for a second. Great for all the legs and butt muscles.
- Half-circles skating exercise – same basic inline skating technique, just drawing the half circles with your legs in the air. Incomparable workout for butt and legs.
- Wave skating exercise – going down the hill make your legs come closer and further to each other. Great exercise to workout the inner hip’s muscles. Wave is great way to drop the speed when skating down the heel.
- Infinite eight skating exercise – it’s literary like drawing a number 8 with your both legs behind the stroller. Working hips, legs and stomach!
- Double steps rollerblading exercise– while skating make two small steps right and two small steps left instead of one normal. Bring weight to your tows and move behind the stroller rather than forward to prevent from speeding up. Good to challenge your leg’s muscles and test your cardio.
- Slalom rollerblading – it’s actually a basic skating technique for mountain skis, either for the pros rollers. Hold your legs to the ground without taking them off the ground. Hold legs parallel each other. Move left-right along the stroller. Fantastic technique for shaping a butt. High intensity.
Arms are worked out by pushing the stroller during the skating.
It’s important to maintain a correct rollerblading position and keep the speed low. An effort of pushing a stroller is enough to workout your arms and lower back’s muscles. One hour of skating twice a week is more than enough to keep the body in great physical shape.