But, really, most people send greetings and congratulations before the NY and no one seems to feel that cheerful or festive just a couple of weeks later! I’d like to remedy this immediately by sending you my greetings and warmest wishes for the New Year!
And since the days of 2014 are already rolling by, I’m hoping that candle light is something that will never be too late or out of fashion.
5-minute Magical Table Lanterns
These lanterns are extremely easy to make – I used them as this year’s Christmas and New Year table decorations. I’m going to display them for the entire winter season as well, to give the living room a soft warm glow and keep the season’s feelings going.
What you need:
- a thick , disposable, plastic soup bowl (the ones you get soup in in Chinese takeaways)
- sisal green threads in a bundle
- colorful artificial crystals
- glitter glue
- sea salt (or just any white/transparent filing etc to fill the bowls)
- a red paper ribbon
- a candle holder (I bought cheap aluminum lanterns)
- colored ice-cream sticks
- Glue the bowl and roll the sisal threads all over it.
- Glue on the crystals with the glitter glue.
- Tie the thread and ribbon around the bowl.
- Put the salt or any other filling into the jar ( I used a transparent cat’s litter but unused of course:-)
- Dip one end of the ice-cream stick into the glitter glue.
- Stick it into the filling.
- Place a candle in the lantern. Light it, sit back and enjoy!
Turning your Christmas Lanterns into Valentine’s
Use the red sisal thread instead of the green one and you’ll see the magical transformation!